Thursday, August 16, 2012

deerlord

I just literally had the most disturbing thought that I've ever had.
There are a lot of stray cats in my neighborhood, and a few orange streaked ones are particularly fond of camping on top of our shed/sunning/lazing about in our backyard. Today (just now, actually, I think it's still there) there was one lying down in the shade provided by our patio umbrella, just licking itself and stretching out and generally living the good life. I could see it because I was washing the dishes (there's a window above the sink) and then I was washing a big, sharp butcher knife and thinking about the adorable cat.
Then I wondered what it would feel like if I could get outside and somehow acquire perfect aim and spear the cat with the butcher knife through its midsection and then for that one ponderous moment I felt almost creepily, insanely powerful. Then I caught myself and where that train of thought was going (where? I don't want to know) and then was horrified at myself.
Tell me I'm not a bad person.
I'm actually a cat person.
Tell me I'm not mad o m q

No comments:

Post a Comment