Wednesday, August 15, 2012

CHOIR (not band) CAMP

Does anyone else ever get this feeling that once something's happened, you kind of don't want to talk about/write about it? ...Maybe I'm just a bad blogger :P I guess I want to try vlogging for a bit and then just posting my vlogs on my blog. Or is that considered cheating? LOL okay whatever I tend to ramble when I write and that makes my blog posts kind of confusing to read (feedback from friends who are readers lol) but hopefully when I talk topics will lead into each other like they do in my head? I don't know. Apparently my train of thought is hard to follow ._____.
But I'm seriously getting really lazy about blogging (I don't even want to upload pictures because that takes so much time and I've uploaded all of them onto Facebook anyways so.... okay. Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to vlog and then if you want to see pictures then TOO BAD IF YOU'RE NOT  MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK LOL if you're my friend on Facebook then you can stalk my album titled "CCC Music Camp 2012".
After this blog post I will feel like a successful independent black woman for blogging LOL. 
(Hooray, I'm getting Anonymous asks on Tumblr again! SCORE)


So before I filmed this video^ I was going to be a good blogger and post all the photos but now that I think about it, there are a lot of photos (64 to be exact...) so LOL NOPE
instead I'll link you to "Threw It On The Ground" (the song that our skit was an enactment of) here.


Okay, here's a few pictures.

I was the hipster in "Threw It On The Ground" during the farmer's market/phone/dad scene [in case you got bored and didn't finish watching my video up there^ lol I don't blame you it's pretty long] and Alan was the "girlfriend" LOL and he also happened to be the one where he got his butthole "tased" so yep
Roomie for the third (and last ;~~;) year in a row! Too bad most of my friends are
seniors ;~~~~~~;
Kevin! Owner of the worst goggle tan/jammers tan I've ever seen (it's not very visible
here because it's bright on the beach, but omq when I first saw him it was like
LOL WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE (not in a mean way, in a WOW YOUR
GOGGLE TAN IS BAD way :P)
also apparently his falsetto voice (he's a bass) is pretty awesome. hm.

OH! And Lily posted two of the songs that we performed at the Music Center in UCSC (both which happen to be my absolute favorites!) SO HERE YOU GO

She Walks In Beauty
(lyrics originally a poem by Lord Byron, writing about his cousin's beauty LOL)
(you can see me in the second row to the right of the really tall guy c:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1OJPU8iZO0
(because the video's unlisted, this time you'll have to expend some effort moving and clicking your mouse and opening a new tab/window. I know. So hard.)

In Flander's Field
(lyrics originally a poem, written about soldiers who died during WWI by a Lieutenant Colonel who ended up dying during the last year of WWI ;~;)
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
      Between the crosses, row on row,
   That mark our place; and in the sky
   The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
   Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
         In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
   The torch; be yours to hold it high.
   If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
         In Flanders fields.
(absoluuuuute favorite because it's so creepy. we were singing this at 4AM in the morning at our dorm sleepover ;D)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_doxP08M61k

Okay that's all I need to get back to studying AP Psych and watching America's Next Top Model LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment