Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Janis writes poetry

here have some poems that I've written hur
they're pretty bad bc I can't rhyme tbh so I didn't even try and these are pretty much all prose
yep
enjoy
...


trust
i let you paint
all over me
let your fingers tiptoe
up and down the
diamonds of my spine
let you tuck a
wayward piece of hair
behind my ear
use your hands to
frame my face
tell me i was beautiful
let you think
you fell in love
with me.



opposites attract
i
told you my favorite color was blue
you
proceeded to buy me pink everything
light pink warm pink cold pink.



compare&contrast
i like the way your smile looks against your teeth
i like the way you look against your smile
i like the way i look against you.



waiting for a train
little jimmy
with his snaggletooth overalls and his buckled lisp
sits on the bench at the subway station
waiting for small miracles,



(i believed you)
you found a way
underneath my skin
poison into
blue-green veins
ice threading curling tightening
around crumbling ribs
grasped my anatomically correct heart and squeezed
told me the pain was love.



???
what do you want out of this relationship you say
 and i say nothing but i show you this


and you say nothing too.



(                                                          )
warm wicker, sunny green
long shadows, chasing feet
here is the place where i love(d) you.

soft pale, stiff collars
creamy beige, floral shoes
here is the place where i love(d) you.

bright talk, red lips
red cheeks, brighter eyes
here is the place where i love(d) you.

large hats, fashionable scarves
harsh frames, fuzzy sweaters
here is the place where i love(d) you.

uncertain ridges, small feet
muted face, hungry bones
here is the place where i love you.



cigarette kisses
if i stretch out far enough maybe
the laws of space and time will take pity on us and bend just far enough for us    
to                                    
                                                    touch

but for now there is nothing to say that has not already been said
you hold out a lighter on the other side of the world
i hold out an unlit cigarette
touch it to the screen’s flames
strike a quick match light it out of sight
inhale out, exhale in until the smoke bumps against my pixelly face and closes in upon your pretty face
slowly gently caresses you.
have i ever told you that i’m jealous of the smoke? i hold out my own lighter and wait for you to light your cigarette
out of sight, out of mind
not as jealous as i am, i tilt my face up to receive phantom wreaths of kisses
really? slow breaths long drags
really. 
i freeze frame this moment
label it ‘longing’ in my mind
file it away for dust to collect on top until
one day
maybe
you’ll be here to blow it off
with the taste of your cigarette smoke in my mouth.



melon-choly
i want to
leave this place
and all the people that i
may or may not love
carry a
thousand book library
with me
and leave
the world
behind.

can you feel nostalgic for
something that
you’ve never known?

i could read a
thousand books about melons
if you were with me
if you were content to sit awhile
and smile honey dew rinds at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment