Monday, January 14, 2013

s w i m

The problem with swimming as a sport is that you get cold and wet.
Both of which I do not personally enjoy. In fact, when both are combined, I try to get out of the situation as quickly as I can.
Cue the question: "Janis, why do you swim then?"
Well, hm.
  1. I learned how to swim when I was 3 and joined swim team at 6. It's pretty much been a big part of my life since childhood. I ate breakfast, went to kindergarten, watched Clifford The Big Red Dog, and  suffered through swim practice being slower than everyone else. (And once I got faster than everyone, they moved me up a level and made me the slowest swimmer once again.)
  2. I have done many sports in my life. Ballet, tap dancing, gymnastics, swimming, golf, and badminton. Also joined/re-joined many swim teams: Flying Fish, MSJA, Barracudas, and Flying Fish once again. I hated ballet and tap dancing (no grace at all), mom pulled me out of gymnastics bc she was afraid I'd land wrong on a flip and paralyze myself, hated golf, liked badminton but mom put me back in swimming. Now I wish I'd stayed with badminton, dammit. But I'd pretty much exhausted all the possible sport choices except swimming, which was tolerable (at the time).
  3. I like being non-fat. Swimming tones my muscles and allows me to eat whatever I want while still keeping me skinny.
  4. School swim team (JV) is pretty fun, actually!!!1!1!1! It's like a big, cuddly, disturbing family.
  5. It's nice in the summer when it's sweltering and the pool's freezing (like it always is).
However, yes, I will continue to moan and groan about going to swim practice. No, I don't like practicing with the Flying Fish team bc I'm slow, it's outdoors and freezing (and I'm a wimp about that), I don't really have frendz there (besides Alisha&Arushi), and my coach is scary.

Then again, this is me talking after having skipped practice for almost two weeks (going swimming tomorrow, though!1!1!1!!!!!!11!) so.

BUT ONE THING. Whenever I complain about being cold people always look at me with astonishment.
"Omq, gasp. GASP. You're a SWIMMER. yOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE C O L D." 
liek srsly no shut up

If I don't start going to practice again I'm going to be so slow for school swimming omq.
School team is literally the only time during the year that swimming is fun. It's always funny to see a billion freshmen come to try out on the first day and then have some of them limp out before the first practice is over.
Sorry. That might come off as a bit mean (but I meant it omq) but really if you're not serious about swimming (i.e. had swum before on a swim team) then please don't come to tryouts; you're only going to embarrass yourself in front of Cory and the rest of the people in the pool lol.
Also if you're faster than me please don't come to JV tryouts either. I'm creys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment